The White Mountains

on 19 July 2009

I think I'm at the end of regular postings. We are entering the White
Mountains in New Hampshire where it is very remote and cell phone
service is rare. I will still post as much as possible but this is my
first good signal in a couple days. The views have been great though
and I'm looking forward to the next couple days even though this is
supposedly the hardest stretch on the whole AT. This is a porcupine
that Lucy was flirting with the other day. Luckily she didn't get any
closer.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck in the mountains!!! You rock! (No pun intended).

jfilzen said...

Chad,
...saw Bob Dylan, John Mellencamp, and Willie Nelson in Syracuse last night. Grass Roots the days before...had two college friends in town with me. ...in short-life is good! Connie and I missed you at Grass Roots this year. Thursday was spectacular-Connie said Sunday was too. We saw Courtney (sp) a couple of times. Although she misses you, she is holding up well. ...say hello to Kevin for me, and finish strong.
Peace!

Anonymous said...

THE END OF REGULAR POSTING! DUHN DUHN DUH!
We should not be scared of porcupines, they just need a hug! And if you hug them from the front while pushing the quills down i think you should be safe :3
Have fun climbing mountains.
I once met a person who told me mountains are symbolic of life.
I think of them as pretty hunks of rock.

Miss Coffey said...

Looks like you got pretty close to that porcupine! Doesn't it shoot quills?!

Barb said...

So coooooooooooooooooooooool. I don't think I've ever seen one for real. Wow! And, I'd rather Lucy doesn't see one any closer, nor Benny for that matter!

Enjoy the views. You guys are incredible.

Anonymous said...

take the spikes off and it would look cute

Anonymous said...

omg:) smiley face. great job mr. devo

Post a Comment