on 05 May 2009

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to take a couple seconds to answer some of the questions that have popped up. First off, I feel great. My legs no longer hurt because I have developed my "trail legs". Now I just have to make sure I don't roll an ankle or slip on a wet log or something that could put an end to the hike. The mental aspects of the trip are going to be the toughest now.

My feet are alright. I still have a couple blisters which I am not popping. I'm going to let them heal on their own. I try to keep my feet as dry as possible which has been hard lately because of the rain. I'm a little concerned with my two baby toenails. They seem discolored and maybe dead (I think my shoes are a 1/2 size too small). I'll be getting new shoes in about 300 miles though.

Lucy and Skoob are doing great. Skoob has been hiding from the rain. He sleeps in a pocket at the end of the tent. He has been great at keeping my pack organized and loves riding in Lucy's pack.

It's been great hearing from all of the elementary classes. Be sure to check the Fire post. Stephanie Johnson from the US Forest Service posted a response to your comments.

All in all, we are having fun. I'm looking forward to Virginia because the hiking is flatter. We just got done climbing Roan mountain, the last 6,000 ft mountain until New Hampshire, 1000 miles away.

Tomorrow we are slackpacking. That means that someone from the hostel we are staying at will drive us to a point 23 miles up the trail. We will then walk (without our heavey packs) back to the hostel where we will stay the night again and be driven back to that point the following day. It's a great way to do the trail but get a day off at the same time (sort of).

Have a great week Groton, and live the life you love!

I'll post on the care packages as soon as I can.

0 comments:

Post a Comment